via 500px http://ift.tt/1NKu8Ic
Tag Archives: vacances
Cocora Dreamtime by tristan29photography
via 500px http://ift.tt/1N72Qcq
Kingdom of the Fall by michaelglascock
Under the reign of: • Louis VI (1108-1137).
Key dates: • By 1180 the castle belongs to the Plantagenets.
• 1196: It returns to the Count of Toulouse Raymond VI.
• 1214: Simon de Montfort seizes Najac.
• 1249: Death of Count Raymond VII of Toulouse. His lands passed to his son Alphonse of Poitiers, brother of King Louis IX.
• 1271: Death of Alphonse de Poitiers. Midi annexed to the royal domain.
• 1572: The Huguenots seized Najac and devastate the castle.
• 1590: It is taken by the troops of Henry IV
via 500px http://ift.tt/1SaoOPv
Autumn House by michaelglascock
Beautiful Village of France
Beaux Villages de France
via 500px http://ift.tt/1GnmMun
Butterfly Laundrette by michaelglascock
Some washing basins even have their own specificity with their stone slab shaped “V” and meet the sweet name of ” butterfly laundries
via 500px http://ift.tt/1RV0npd
Royal Bastide of the 12 Century…Villefranche de by michaelglascock
Relaxing Atmosphere by michaelglascock
During the subsequent years, the village remained an impressive stronghold. In 1345, during the Hundred Years’ War, when Edward the Black Prince invaded the Albigeois, he reportedly left without besieging the village… Later, it served as a shelter for Catholics who were fleeing from Gaillac because of the Wars of Religion. King Louis XIII visited Castelnau in June 1622, and stayed in the “Tonnac” house.
via 500px http://ift.tt/1iA5iAb